This Privacy Statement articulates the privacy and data protection principles followed by SRM Technologies Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “SRM Tech”) and its entities around the world with regards to the personal information of its customers (including products, outsourcing and other services clients), partners, employees (current or former employees, trainees), applicants, contractors, prospects and vendors and current or former members of the Board of Directors, whose personal information are processed by SRM Tech (“Data Subjects”). This Privacy Statement explains the use and protection of personal information collected by SRM Tech. It applies to any personal information you provide to SRM Tech and, subject to local law, any personal information we collect from other sources. Throughout this Privacy Statement, “SRM Tech” refers to SRM Technologies Private Limited, including its affiliates and subsidiaries (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Scope of this Privacy Statement:
This Privacy Statement covers our information practices, including how we collect, use, share and protect the personal information you provide to us, through our web sites that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively referred to as “SRM Tech’s Web sites”). SRM Tech may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links through the SRM Tech website, you will leave the SRM Tech website. SRM Tech does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from SRM Tech’s practices. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties, including any social media websites featured on our website, is not covered by the SRM Tech’s Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement or policy of any website before submitting your personal information. We may also provide social media features on our website that enable you to share SRM Tech information with your social networks and to interact with SRM Tech on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand how the information provided by you could be used or shared by those sites.
Personal information collected by SRM Tech:
We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City and Phone Number. When you provide information that enables us to respond to your request for products or services, we will, wherever permissible by relevant laws, collect, use and disclose this information to third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal information that you provide to SRM Tech directly through websites or emails
We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City and Phone Number when you fill forms on or raise a query through our websites, or send emails, call us or write to us.
Personal information that is automatically collected by SRM Tech when you use SRM Tech websites
Visit SRM Tech Websites In some instances, SRM Tech automatically collects personal information pertaining to you when you visit our websites and through e-mails that we may exchange. We may use automated technologies including the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses, device details, cookies and web beacons. The collection of this information will allow us to improve the effectiveness of SRM Tech websites and our marketing activities. Please see the section below on cookies for further details. By using SRM Tech’s websites, associated microsites and mobile applications,you agree to the processing of your information as explained in this Privacy Statement. SRM Tech websites may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement/Notice of each website you visit.
Personal information that is collected from third party sources
Engage with SRM Tech through social media You can engage with us through social media websites or through features on SRM Tech websites that integrate with social media sites. When you engage with us through social media sites, you may allow us to have access to certain information from your social media profile based upon your privacy preference settings on such platform.
Personal information that is collected when you access our Websites through mobile devices
Access our Websites through Mobile Devices If you access our websites on your mobile device, we may collect your personal information such as your First Name,Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, Phone Number, IP address and Device details. When you provide us your mobile phone number, you consent to the use of your mobile phone number for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to refrain from receiving any text notifications from us on your mobile, we will not be using your mobile number for such purposes unless required to meet legal requirements or legitimate business purposes. We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
How We Use your Data:
The personal information we collect may be used to:
- provide information and services as requested by you;
- assess queries, requirements, and process requests for products and services;
- perform client communication, service, billing and administration;
- conduct data analysis;
- assess web site performance and usage analysis
- maintain leads
- run marketing or promotional campaigns
- create brand awareness
- provide better services and generate demand
- market products and services based on legitimate business interest under the applicable law); or
- conduct processing necessary to fulfill other contractual obligations for the individual.
With your consent, we may also use your personal information for additional purposes. Instances where sensitive personal information is collected will warrant explicit consent. Unless it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, should you choose not to provide any personal information during certain activity, you will nevertheless be able to continue with such activity wherever possible.
Sharing of personal information with the third parties:
SRM Tech does not share personal information about you with affiliates, partners, service providers, group entities and non-affiliated companies except: (a) to provide products or services you’ve requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
- We may share information with affiliated entities/subsidiaries/branch offices for legitimate business purposes.
- We may provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of or with SRM Tech under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help SRM Tech communicate with you about offers from SRM Tech and for other legitimate business purposes. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information;
- We may share information with statutory authorities, government institutions or other bodies where required for compliance with legal requirements.
- We may use the information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to protect or enforce SRM Tech’s rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of SRM Tech or associated parties.
- We may share information about you if SRM Tech is acquired by or merged with another company.
You may choose to give us personal information such as your name and address or e-mail identification address (‘ID’) that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, for you to download our white papers, to provide you with subscription information etc. We will endeavor to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. SRM Tech will not be liable for any unsolicited information provided by you. You consent to SRM Tech using such information as per SRM Tech’s Privacy Statement. We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information, please return the message containing the inaccuracies to the sender. SRM Tech’s websites are not directed at nor targeted at children.No one who has not reached the age of thirteen may use the websites unless supervised by an adult. By accessing this website, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older.
SRM Tech takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information in the following ways.
If you request electronic communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the communication
You can contact us at the e-mail or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this Statement. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing and your requests with regard to the same if any. We will endeavour to respond to your request, subject to reasonable limitations provided by law, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals. If we are unable to entertain your request, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
SRM Tech recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (i.e. unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in our computing environment. All emails received by SRM Tech are subject to spam check. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the sender for taking necessary action. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, SRM Tech hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. SRM Tech reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action.
Data Protection and Confidentiality:
SRM Tech has implemented reasonable and adequate physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. SRM Tech discloses information to third parties only for legitimate purposes such as our service providers and agents who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose. SRM Tech will ensure through formally executed contracts that the service providers are committed to “same level of data protection” as applicable data protection laws and regulations. Further, SRM Tech may make disclosures to law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies subject to applicable law. SRM Tech will take reasonable steps to ensure that all dealings in Personal Information, shall:
- be processed fairly & lawfully;
- be obtained only with the consent of the information provider;
- be collected, only when:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of SRM Tech; and
- the collection of the sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- be available for review by the information provider, as and when requested.
- •be kept secure against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, as per the prescribed standards.
Your (“Data Subjects”) rights with respect to your personal information: We respect your right to be informed, access, correct, request deletion or request restriction, portability, objection, and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, in our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine- readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services
- You can have the right to access your personal information
- You have a right to object to processing of your personal information where it is so conducted by automated means and involves any kind of decision-making
Right to opt out
SRM Tech respects your privacy considerations and hence provides an option to you, to not provide the data or i nformation sought to be collected. Further, you can also withdraw your consent which was earlier given to SRM Tech, and the same must be communicated to SRM Tech in writing.
Access and rectification
You have a right to request access to your personal information. You may send us a request for access. You also have the right to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. You can send us a request to rectify your data by writing to us at info@SRMTech.com. Further, you have the option to file a complaint for suspected or actual violations of your data protection rights with the relevant supervisory authority.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as performance of a contract, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Disclosure of information:
SRM Tech may share your personal information with your consent, or where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or where required by government agencies mandated under law to procure such disclosure. It shall also take steps to ensure that the information transferred to a third party is not further disclosed by it except where permissible under law.
International transfer of Personal Information:
SRM Tech may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to SRM Tech entities or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law. A Transfer of personal information has a broad meaning and occurs when information is communicated, moved, accessed or otherwise sent to another country. In cases where personal information would need to be transferred outside of a country where SRM Tech operates, towards other jurisdictions, specific requirements may apply for such Transfer to be allowed. For instance, data protection laws of the EEA and of Switzerland authorize the Transfer of personal information:
- to countries which have been recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for personal information.
- if appropriate measures in compliance with the European Union data protection legal requirements are in place in order to ensure the protection and the confidentiality of personal information in the countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection.
This is the case where the recipient SRM Tech entity or Third Party concludes with the exporting relevant entity of SRM Tech an agreement based on the European Union standard contractual clauses, to ensure the protection of personal information. SRM Tech may also Transfer personal information to a Third Party located outside the EEA or Switzerland without having to implement the above measures where one of the following conditions is met:
- the Data Subject has given her/his consent to SRM Tech for the Transfer her/his Personal Information;
- SRM Tech needs to carry out the transfer of personal information to perform or conclude a contract with the Data Subject; the transfer of personal information is necessary (i) to protect the Data Subject’s vital interests (i.e. in case of a life or death situation), or (ii) to allow SRM Tech to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, or (iii) for reasons of public interest;
- the Transfer covers personal information publicly available (for instance from a public register).
SRM Tech ensures the “same level of data protection” as per applicable data protection laws and regulations when it transfers your personal information to any other body corporate or a person in any country
SRM Tech shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information supplied to it by its service providers, whose duty it is to ensure that the information provided by it or its employees is authentic.
Any grievance or complaint, in relation to processing of personal information, should be sent to SRM Tech in writing to following contact email ID. Grievance shall be redressed as expeditiously as possible.
This Privacy Statement is effective from Dec 2019 and it supersedes all existing polices on the subject matter.
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
Please note that this Privacy Statement may be subject to change from time to time. The revised Privacy Statement will accordingly be published on this page. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. Please regularly check this Privacy Statement to ensure you are aware of the latest updates with respect to the same. This Privacy Statement was last updated on 23 Dec 2019